- Our website www.sbanswers.com is free to use and does not require log-in nor acceptance of Cookies.
- Ad-blockers or other privacy devices need not be disabled to provide the same information.
- We only collect what we need to serve you.
- If you leave the site via any third-party links you are subject to those site’s policies.
- We do not sell any products, operate an e-commerce site or accept any commissions for the sale of review items – we are 100% independent.
- We will never sell your information to advertisers or third-parties (and if we did it would only be as part of a company sale and any new owners would be bound by this requirement).
We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and to the extent applicable, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any other nation’s policies.
“Personal Information” (PI) is any information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
You may contact us in writing: Small Business Answers, 120 Cathedral Street, Woolloomooloo, New South Wales, 2011 or email [email protected]. We will respond within two working days.
What PI is collected
- By visiting our WordPress-based website Google Analytics (or similar) will collect standard information about you. You can reduce this by limiting your browser privacy settings, using a private window, VPN, ad-blocker and reducing your digital footprint.
- We update WordPress promptly, employ appropriate security measures but we cannot be held responsible for WordPress hacks.
- By commenting on an article via Disqus you are subject to its privacy and security policy.
- By entering a competition you must provide your name, phone number, address, email address and answer questions about the product. Data is entered via a WordPress form, encrypted and password protected.
- If you email us we may collect your email address and additional information from the email.
- Email is subject to your provider’s privacy and security policy. We use Outlook 365 (or similar).
- If you subscribe to SBA News your name and email address are stored in MailChimp (or similar) servers and subject to its privacy and security policies. Unsubscribe is via MailChimp – not the Small Business Answers website.
- We may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us in person or over the phone.
- By providing us with PI we guarantee that it will only be used for the purpose you provided it for.
What are those purposes?
- Google Analytics: Provides us with aggregated information about our website visitors, e.g. demographics, location, search method etc. We use this to improve our services to you and our advertisers, e.g. what articles rate or not, types of readers etc.
- Email address: We regularly email SBA News, a summary of important news and reviews on the site.
- Competition data: Used solely to verify your bona fides as a competition entrant, to contact prize winners and added to SBA News list. Data remains in our exclusive care and is not given to any third-party, e.g. the supplier of the prize, its agency etc. If the supplier wishes to communicate a special offer to entrants we will facilitate it. Data is destroyed after the competition is complete.
- From time to time we collect information from suppliers/vendors/agencies that have contact with us. This information may be used to send any pertinent information to them including SBA News.
- If there is a change of control in our business or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer our user database on the same basis.
Security of your PI
- We will not disclose your PI to any third party unless it is to fulfil a prize.
- We may disclose your PI to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, legal proceedings or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- Our PI is stored in Australian server farms subject to Australian Law (we reserve the right to use international server farms).
- From time to time we may access or copy such data to machines in our offices. This will be protected by appropriate safeguards commensurate with securing a small business network.
- While we take every care to secure data and limit its collection to the absolute minimum we are subject to the security procedures of our suppliers.